Thursday, April 22, 2010

I want to ride my bicycle

I am pretty happy with my training and my results so far this year. I have about 725 miles on the bike so far and have been training mainly with Dixon and the Base36 team. Crit and I are honorary training members of Base36 which works out well as these guys ride hard and make us work. My climbing is far ahead of last year at this time and perhaps on par with the best I have ever been based on who I am keeping up with and Dixon's perspective.

I still need to lose 15 pounds but can compete in all but the hilliest Cat 4 races.

Tonight I was out for the Back Bay Bike Thursday ride with a few fast people and although I was convinced I was going to sit in I went to the front, but felt awesome and started ripping it up. I found out later that I was threatening to drop people when I backed off a little. That was not my attention as it isn't my club's ride but it still felt good. Ten miles in I hit some railroad tracks wrong and ganked my (Dixon's) rear wheel. The Kysrium SL doesn't appear to permanently damaged and I managed to nurse it back to BBB and my car. Too bad though as I was really looking forward to tearing it up after feeling so good for the first 10 miles. Oh well.


Race Results 2010:

Scarborough Crit Race 1: 14th

Scarborough Crit Race 2: 12th (following Battenkill)

Scarborough Crit Race 3: 10th (8th in the pack sprint...Dan V the retired pro got away with one other guy)

So I am only 2 spots out of the points, have been doing a lot of work, chasing down a lot of breaks and generally feeling my way around the Cat 1-4 (you know with the random retired pro thrown in) race. It is flat so that works well for me but not easy that is for sure. I clearly need to work on my positioning for the finish and my sprint overall. New handlebars should help with that though as my current drops face so far down I am never in them.

Tour of the Battenkill: 57th Well I finished. I will write a complete break down soon as the race deserves 500 words but suffice it to say I don't plan on going back.

Till next time.

No comments: