Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Lunch time golf

I went out with a co-worker today for a quick 9 holes at Twin Falls. This course is very short but presents some challenges with some narrow holes and lots of side hill lies.

I started out terribly and just couldn't seem to focus. (double, double, bogey, triple) After the first 4 holes I realized I was down 3 strokes to my co-worker and I couldn't let him beat me so I stated on the 5th tee I was going to shoot even par the rest of the way.

Hole 5: Easy 2 putt par after a short 3 wood but good 4 iron to 15 feet

Hole 6: Drove the 260 yard hole and 2 putted for birdie

Hole 7: Placed my drive 10 yards from the green but 3 putted from 12 feet for a bogey. (I could not get a putt to the hole all day)

Hole 8: Took the risky play with a driver and had to chip out. Had a 45 yard pitch to a brutal pin placement and hit my best touch shot of the day but missed my 4 ft par putt with a terrible stroke.

Hole 9: I needed a birdie to get to even par for the last 5 but I hit a terrible tee shot to a side hill lie. I had 190 in and hit a 5 iron from the lie right over the flag. I was just off the back and missed my birdie chip by inches but still made a nice recovery for par and 1 over for the last 5 holes.

I did realize that on all my bad shots early I was moving my head and once I stopped that the game seemed a lot easier. That all goes back to Hendersfheg's drunken golf lesson of 3 years ago but that is another story.

I am hoping to make the 9 hole lunches a once a week thing and play some courses that force me to use clubs besides my driver as TBO has joined Nonesuch and wants me to play there a lot and that course takes the driver out of my hands on all but 4 holes which negates my length advantage which I am convinced is why TBO joined there!

1 comment:

slimbiker said...

Must be nice to be in Sales. :-)