Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thursday in the Rain

I decided against my better judgement and my BW's text message about a tornado warning in our general area to ride with Back Bay Bikes. I was one of the few as it was only Crit, our riding friend Bike Shedd, Kris from BBB and one other guy.

I believe this proves there are always at least 5 idiots in every group of riders!

We started out on the usual route which is torture for me because it meant we were going up Mtn. Road. The guys had to wait for me but after that due to the rain and impending darkness we took a different route home avoiding Dutton Hill Rd. SWEET

I felt pretty good, did some long pulls and took some fliers off the front. These fliers always seem to be just before hills, this is my plan so I can hit the hill with as much momentum as possible. The ride was going smoothly until the other guy flatted. Standing there in the rain chilled us all but we got the flat changed quickly and got going again.

I flatted about 300 yards from BBB and thankfully Kris was nice enough to take the bike in the shop and change the tube on the rear tire. The Klein is a great frame but the reverse drop outs are a pain in the ASS. Remember flats come in 3'S

I have now decided that BBB is a very friendly shop so I am going to get my bike tuned up there and get my Rolf's bearing re-packed there as well.

It was a good ride, we did about 30 miles but neither Crit nor I have any stats.

No comments: