Sunday, May 11, 2008

Miami to Maine Solo

So my wife and I are moving back to New England as soon as her commitment to FIU is complete or sooner if the the lack of air conditioning and overall oppressiveness of Miami gets to her before then. Only 18 more days sweety! Hang in there.

Luckily I had a conference in Orlando last week so I took the occasion to transport the Jordanoff Family Jet (aka the 2005 G35x) to New Hampshire. The company will reimburse the first 460 miles of the 1,500 mile trip so why not just keep going once I hit Orlando.

With my Klein on the roof, clubs in the trunk and clothes everywhere, I did the solo drive for the last time. It was fairly uneventful except for the a 1.5 hour detour/delay on 78 in Pennsylvania. Total time in the car from Miami was 25 hours (60 mph average) and 20 mpg. Not bad with a full car and a bike on the roof. Lots of traffic in DC but when isn't there.

I have now been in New Hampshire at BF and LF's house and already feel 1000 times better. I have even rode 46 miles in the past 2 days. It feels good to be active.

Pretty soon we will take the Jordanoff Family Helicopter (2006 Mini Cooper S) on the ride and then we will be done with Miami forever! That will also be the last M2M Mini game.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to know that you feel 1000 times better at LF&Bf's house. How did you measure that exactly?

venugopal said...

Hi very interesting article...
Thank you for posting such a useful, impressive and a wicked article./Wow.. looking good!

Wheels Miami