Sunday, May 4, 2008

United we stand, US Airways we fall--ABRIDGED

From the very few readers I have I was told my last post was way too long. Here is the abridged version.

Going to Chicago for a conference: Lost my luggage, got it back the next day but only after I had to wear the same clothes as I had no time to buy new ones before the conference started. If you can you should buy new clothes as United will reimburse you. $50 in vouchers to United...would have loved a new suit to go along with that.

Going back to Miami: 315,000 steps walking around the airport, 8 blisters, shin splints, serious signs of dehydration, 1 hour on the phone with various airlines, 5 different gate agents dealt with, 5 beers, lunch, 8 hours in the airport and a thorough knowledge of the layout of Ohare. I believe at one point I had seats held on 5 different flights.

Amazingly my luggage arrived in Miami well before I did. Of course it was on the other end of the airport from where I came in but at least it was there.

Travel, sometimes it is some much fun!

No comments: