Friday, March 19, 2010

Garmin and Sidi

They claim the 305 is now supported!

Now if I can just get Garmin Connect to download. I have never been able to download Garmin stuff at home. (Except the web updater tool for some strange ass reason)

Wireless? Time Warner? No idea why but I know it doesn't work. I will download it at work today, throw it on the usb key and install it this weekend.

Then I can start sharing my ride data.

So I was installing the new cleats on the new Sidi's last night and after about 10 minutes of complete frustration decided to look for the manual that came with Kelly's Sidi's. I must have thrown mine away.

If you look carefully and determine what kind of sole you have you will learn that they take 10mm screws instead of the standard 8mm that come with the cleats. Thing I wish I had known!

Of course due to my lack of mechanical skill (does a small allen wrench and 8mm screw fall under mechanical?) the wife decided to try. Turns out at least this time it wasn't me it was the equipment!

Oh well, hopefully I can get to Gorham Bike today and get 10mm ones as I really want to try out the new shoes.

I did however get my new rear tire installed. I found a decent size piece of glass in my old tire and the puncture holes matched up so that explains my 3 flats in 10 miles. I checked the rim strip and all seems well there. I guess I will find out tomorrow.

Happy riding!

No comments: