Saturday, March 20, 2010

Training training training and POKER

I did a 70 miler today. I am pretty sure that is my 2nd longest ride ever and the only one longer was back in 2005. That gives me 140 miles on the week and if the weather holds out I will either ride with Base36 again and do another 60 to 70 miles or I will do a shorter ride around Windham. Either way a big mileage week.

I am having a hard time getting the Garmin Connect set up and it looks like my wife's computer doesn't have a powerful enough graphics card to handle Google Earth. Soon though I will start sharing more stats.

I learned something interesting today: When you do a 70 mile ride the last 15 miles should be really really easy. Like no more than 15 mph easy or as Dixon calls it "noodling". I must say my legs don't feel as bad as I thought they would. I always thought easy meant backing off to 17 or 18 but in Dixon I shall trust.

I do feel like my legs and lungs are getting stronger. Not sure if the weight is coming off as our scale needs a new battery. I can check my weight on the Wii Fit as that had me at 206 a couple of weeks ago. I actually think I was closer to 215 when we got and have no idea if it is accurate but either way I will know if I lost weight.

Looking forward to riding with BF and Slim as Slim is back on the bike!

On a side note I split the pot at poker last night and will put the winnings towards my fitting at Fitwerx. SWEET

No comments: