Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Miles and Miles and the Benefits of My New Job

First off let me just tell everyone that having a boss who rides is awesome. He told me to bail at 4:50 so we could get in a good ride and he is "making" me take 4 hours of comp tomorrow for all the hours I have put in so we can get in 60 miles. Who would I be to turn down my boss? I don't want to anger him.

Well I already have in 236 miles this year with 202 of those being in February and March. Tonight was a 25 miler with my the aforementioned boss the Cat 2 Dixon. His easy rides are my hard rides so that works out well for me.

We spun over to Gorham and then worked our way back to Pope Rd in Windham for sprints. I pulled for about 2 miles of the 20ish non sprint/cool down miles. Trust me I wanted to pull more but when you are doing 23+ on the flats and you are woefully out of shape you just hang on. We only did 3 sprints tonight at about 250 meters each. It felt good to get out and enjoy the sunshine.

I also got the Garmin 305 all set up on my wife's laptop. The new training center is nicer but I haven't checked to see if it works with Garmin Connect yet. They have only been promising that for 3 years....

So I think my first step in cycling equipment this year will be to go to Fitwerx to get fitted. That is where BF got fitted and bought his bike and my boss also has been fitted there. They both found it useful so my turn. Not sure what will come out of that but I am leaning towards the Kysrium SL's. Less than 1500 grams for clinchers and apparently bomb proof for dudes my size.

That is the quick update. Battenkill is now less than 4 weeks away!

1 comment:

slimbiker said...

Excellent. Let me know when you get your data online.